Saturday 19 January 2013

It's cold outside....

Happy Saturday all!

I know in my last blog I said my next  portrait was (probably) going to be James Buckley, but having asked people if they thought I should do a portrait of the ever lovely Chris Barrie the response was so enthusiastic I felt I had to do that one right away!

That kind of breaks an art rule of mine actually - never draw a person that you fancy. It's a rule I have always stuck to as I think it is far harder to be satisfied with your work if you are attracted to the subject matter! But since Red Dwarf X came out I noticed a sudden influx of Chris Barrie fandom resurfacing and floating around and thought I'd maybe give him go! (Oo er missus!) So after twenty odd years of fancying the man my rules went flying out the window!

Anyway here he is in all his beautiful glory-



"I'm dead, I'm composed entirely of light, and I'm alone in space with a man who'd lose a battle of wits with a stuffed iguana...Where's the brightside???" - Arnold J. Rimmer


Well now isn't he just gorgeous?! Anyway, next portrait, I'm pretty sure will be James Buckley so I shall see you all next time! 

Enjoy your weekend!
Gem xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment